Are you looking for a summer bucket list printable to get your summer plans ready and on paper? Then this post is for you!
The days are feeling longer; the days are getting hotter, and I think it’s safe to say that summer is HERE! And that can only mean one thing! It’s time to create our summer bucket list!
But I have to say though, I personally have a love-hate relationship with summer. I love it because the days are longer. The kids are out of school so we get to stay out later doing fun family stuff. I LOVE going to the summer city movie nights at the park. I love a lot of things about summer, but I dislike being hot, sticky, and getting sunburned!
But with all that said, I like more things about it than I dislike, so I look forward to it every year! And what I mostly look forward to is making our family bucket list and having fun as a family.
So I thought id share some of our summer bucket list ideas and the stuff we plan to do this summer! We might not get through it all, but it’s always so fun at the end of summer to look back at all we crossed off.
We like hanging it either on our fridge or on our family command center. And my kids love taking turns picking where/what we will do/go next and crossing it off when we get it done! I’m telling YOU it’s fun!
So here are our ideas and I hope this helps you make your own family bucket list too! I have also included all these in a FREE printable if you would like to use these ideas for your family, but I have also linked a blank copy so you can make one custom for your family.
SUMMER FUN INDOORS
Here are some ideas for those days that you just can’t get out of the house but still want to do some fun stuff!
- Build a Birdhouse – Go to your local craft store and gather your supplies. Or grab a Bird House Building Kit from Amazon.
- Make Oobleck – All you need is cornstarch, water, and fruit coloring (optional). You can check out this post for instructions!
- Make Homemade Play-doh – There are tons of ways to make this. Check out Pinterest or YouTube for ideas.
- Make Personal Pizzas at Home – Next time you’re at the grocery store, gather your favorite pizza ingredients. This will make pizza night extra fun and special!
- Make Homemade Popsicles – My kids love mixing up drinks and freezing them into popsicles. You can also make fruit smoothies and put them in the popsicle mold to freeze to make yummy smoothie popsicles. The possibilities are endless with this one! Just get creative!
- Make your Own Banana Split – Grab all your favorite banana split ingredients and let everyone make their very own banana split!
- Colorful Fruit Platters – There is nothing yummier than having a fresh fruit platter waiting for you after a long day at the beach or a long day playing outside! My kids love these and they get eaten up in seconds!
- Make a Pinata – All you need is a balloon, water, flour, and newspaper. You can look up a YouTube video or check out Pinterest for step-by-step instructions! It’s actually very easy!
- Nerf Gun Fight – Trust me, this is so fun! Buy a few Nerf guns and join your kids in the fun!
SUMMER FUN IN YOUR BACKYARD
And for the days that going out is not a possibility, but your tired of being cooped up inside your home, here are some fun stuff you can do in your own backyard!
- Slip ‘n Slide – Set up a slip ‘n slide in your backyard! This is fun for parents too not just for kids! Everyone in the family will enjoy this one!
- Backyard Scavenger Hunt – Grab a paper bag and write on it a list of items your kids can look for. As they find them, they can put the item in the paper bag! So simple, but fun!
- Tie-Dye Shirts, Outfits, Hats, etc – Get yourself some tie-dye kits and get the entire family involved. And let them make their own tie-dye shirts or outfits! It is so fun!
- Have a Water Balloon Fight – I remember doing this with my siblings growing up, and it is still a memory I hold dear to my heart! Try it! I promise it’s fun!
- Make Water Balloon Pinatas – We have never done this, but we are adding this to our bucket list this summer. It sure sounds fun! Use the large balloons and fill them up with water, then take turns hitting it like a pinata. Whoever breaks it will get soaked! And then just repeat as many times as you want!
- Play Hot Potato with a Water Balloon – We have done this one many times, and it never gets old. Fill up a large balloon with water and play “hot potato” with it. Eventually, the balloon will break and whoever has it will get soaked!
- Chalk Art – My kids have always loved drawing with chalk. We sometimes make it a competition to see who can draw the best art. It’s fun to just see what they come up with and this keeps them entertained for a couple of hours! We like looking up inspiration online and try to replicate it ourselves! So fun!
- BBQ with Friends and Family – There is nothing more fun than a summer BBQ with friends and family. Make this a weekly or bi-weekly thing. And have them join on your summer bucket list fun!
- Outdoor Movie – Set up your own movie theatre outside! Set up a projector, grab some popcorn, and yummy treats, and have a fun movie night in your own backyard! If you don’t have a projector, check your city website for park movies hosted by the city! These are just as fun!
- Make S’mores – Summer is not summer without S’mores! Amirite?
- Sprinkler Run – Turn on those sprinklers and let the kids just run wild!
SUMMER PLACES TO GO
Here are some fun and FREE ideas for when you just need to get out of the house! They are all FREE so you can do these even on a tight budget!
- Park Picnic – Pack up your picnic gear and your favorite picnic foods and head on over to your favorite park and set up for a fun picnic lunch!
- Volleyball at the Park or Beach – While you are already having a picnic at the park, you might as well get into a volleyball game with the family too! And if you live by a beach, you can head on over there for some beach volleyball fun there too!
- Family Beach Bike Ride/Rollerskating – Who doesn’t love riding bikes/rollerskating at the beach? And if you don’t live within driving distance from the beach, no worries! Take a bike ride to your favorite park, or to your favorite hiking spot! Just get out there and get some fresh air!
- Hiking – Grab your water bottles and a few snacks and head on over to your nearest hiking trail! And you could even make it extra fun and throw in a scavenger hunt for the kids!
- Workout at the Park – Sometimes working out at home can get boring or HOT, especially now that it is summer. So why not take it outdoors and have a change of scenery? Just grab your workout gear and your family and take the day’s workout out to the park!
- Try a New Ice Cream Place – Raise your hand if you always get the same thing when you go out for ice cream? I know I do! So get out of your comfort zone this summer and try something new!
PRINTABLE – PRE-FILLED
Here is the summer bucket list we will use this year. I left a few spots open in each section in case something new comes up that we may want to add in there!
PRINTABLE – BLANK
And here is a blank copy, in case you prefer to add your own activities! Enjoy!
- The 8.5 X 11 Print – If possible print on 8.5 X 11 card stock paper for more durability, but if not regular paper works fine too. You can print this one on a regular home printer. You can also print at places like Staples, Office Depot, Costco, etc.
- The 12 X 16 Print – You will need to print this size print at a place like Staples, Office Depot, Costco, etc. Because it is too large for home printers.
So there you have it, guys! I hope these ideas help you have a much-needed fun summer this year! And make sure you grab your FREE printable before you go!